Whole30 Week 3

This week began with a celebration!  Hump day!!!  We are officially half-way through our journey on the Whole30!  
Day 15 - January 18, 2016

HALF-WAY MARK!!!  

Breakfast:  Roasted Sweet Potatoes & 2 scrambled Eggs.  
Lunch:  Protein Salad over Romaine, with Latin Vinaigrette, and leftover pumpkin soup.  
Dinner:  Walnut-crusted Pork tenderloin, and Brussels Sprouts, Onions & Butternut Squash, with a little avocado on the side!  

Wow!  What a ride, so far!  Am I right?!?!  I'm very excited to see what the future 15 days is like!  


Day 16 - January 19, 2016

Officially past the half-way mark!  

Breakfast:  Butternut Squash/Sausage skillet, with a green salad & ranch, and 3 pieces of cutie orange, that my kids left sitting around.  
Lunch:  Leftover Walnut Crusted pork tenderloin, on a salad with romaine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes & ranch. 
Dinner:  Crockpot orange chicken, cauliflower fried rice, & Zoodles with ghee!


Day 17 - January 20, 2016

Wow!!!!  What a day!!!!  I think I have finally reached the Tiger's Blood phase!  This morning was super mellow, even with herding my cats, err, children out the door to Bible Study, only to remember I left the house an hour late!  Ha!  My small group was responsible for bringing potluck breakfast, so I got there just in time to drop the casserole off, run my children to child care, and sit my bum in a chair to enjoy the teaching!!!  It all calmed down after that!!

That said, I didn't capture a pic of breakfast!  

Breakfast:  my breakfast casserole (pumpkin, peppers, onions, eggs, coconut milk & spices) and 2 scotch eggs.
Lunch:  leftover walnut-crusted pork salad with ranch! 
Dinner:  pot roast, with potatoes, onions, carrots, celery & avocado verde guacamole!

Day 18 - January 21, 2016

Today was kind of exciting!  This morning, I had a women's group meeting, and I hadn't seen any of the ladies since starting the Whole30!  I don't even remember how many of them remarked that my face looks thinner & I look healthier & happier!  Man, I love this!!

Breakfast:  I forgot to snag a picture, because it was at my meeting!  I had a scotch egg, roasted butternut squash & some mixed fruit.
Lunch:  the last of my leftover walnut-crusted pork on a salad, with ranch.
Dinner:  BBQ Grilled Steak, romaine, blueberries & ranch, and cauliflower mash!  

Day 19 - January 22, 2016

Another fantastic day!  

Breakfast:  sausage, egg scramble with diced tomatoes in lettuce cups!
Lunch:  protein salad, on romaine with salsa verde guacamole! 
Dinner:  successfully ate out at Panera for a Mom's Night Out!  Had a Classic salad, added hard boiled egg, cilantro & took along my own Latin vinaigrette dressing.  Apple on the side, but brought that home for the kids! 

Day 20 - January 23, 2016

It's been such a busy day, I don't have my cool food photos!  I can tell you, I went to a gardening class & managed to avoid eating non-compliant food with my girlfriends, but instead sat there drinking a sparkling water.  Then, 2 birthday parties with my kids!  Not even tempted by the cake, ice cream, chips & sodas!  Instead, grateful for a relish tray of fresh fruit & veggies at one of them.  Dinner was eaten kind of frantically, as we traveled 2 hours from our home.  Managed to stop at Carl's Jr., grab a "low carb burger" with only lettuce & tomatoes.  Definitely not going to do that often at all.  Not the least bit tempting.  

2/3 done! Amazing! Here's to the last part of the journey!  Although, my hubby said that he doesn't mind at all if we just "keep going," while allowing for special circumstances!  

Breakfast was sweet potato & sausage hash, with fried eggs.  
Lunch was leftover protein salad over romaine, topped with ranch.  
Dinner was a "low carb burger" from Carl's Jr, and some almonds.  

Day 21 - January 24, 2016

3 WEEKS DOWN!!! 

Our first day 100% away from home!   

Breakfast was pan-fried potatoes, sausage & scrambled eggs.  
Lunch & Dinner were bled into one another - relish tray items, fruit, then BBQ ribs (homemade sauce), paleo potato salad, and balsamic grilled veggies.  Even managed to withstand cake for dessert!  Realized how grateful I am for the Whole30 today!  Did manage to avoid a major anxiety attack too!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole30 Round 1 Before & After

New Beginnings ... In August ... 2017

When Life Rocks the Boat, and You end up Treading Water...