Whole30 Week 2

What an amazing journey so far!  We have definitely had some tough days, but the reward has far outweighed the difficulties!  Read along for the nuts & bolts of our second week of participating in the Whole30 program!

And with that,  on with the journey! 


Day 8 - January 11, 2016

I know I don't have abs yet, but I did get complimented TWICE today, that people can tell I've already lost weight!

Breakfast:  2 Scotch Eggs, berries & homemade "pickles" (cucumbers in white vinegar with salt & pepper). 
Lunch:  Thai Cucumber Cups (from the Whole30 book), deconstructed - since I made "pickles" and forgot to keep some cucumbers!

I did have 1/2 banana with my kids, to keep them from wasting what they didn't want.... 

Dinner:  Pulled Pork Carnitas salad, with peppers, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes & ranch dressing (my Latin dressing got too cold in the fridge & was solid)!



Day 9 - January 12, 2016

I had my first MAJOR craving today,  a glass of milk or a slice of cheese would have been my undoing!  Somehow managed to muscle through!  

Breakfast:  "Potato-free breakfast potatoes", with a dollop of avocado mayo, and 3 fried eggs.  
Lunch:  Leftover pork carnitas on a bed of romaine, with ranch dressing.  
Dinner:  Whole-grain mustard coated salmon (homemade whole-grain mustard), on top of Roasted beet, orange & avocado salad, with homemade vinaigrette.


Day 10 - January 13, 2016

ONE-THIRD of the way through!!

Today was our first really complicated day, as far as preparing & carving out time to eat.  I had a Bible study this morning, and it's a potluck breakfast, but I managed to navigate the land mines & succeeded!

Breakfast:  (Brought from home): homemade sausage patties & fried egg "sliders," with fruit from the potluck. 
Lunch:  Romaine salad with leftover Thai Chicken Cucumber cup filling, ranch dressing & homemade "pickles."
Dinner:  Grilled steak with shallots, roasted pumpkin & avocado!

All-in-all a good day!


Day 11 - January 14, 2016

Emotionally, a hard day, but I know that I've not gotten out of crisis mode since my anxiety attack on 1/2/16.  Taking it one moment at a time. 

Breakfast:  2 scotch eggs, roasted pumpkin, & berry mix.  Had to force myself to finish....  Not feeling the hunger as much!  
Lunch:  Leftover steak on top of romaine, Greek-ranch dressing & blueberries. 
Dinner:  Sugar snap peas & paleo orange chicken.  Again, had to make myself finish - just not as hungry!



Day 12 - January 15, 2016

Today has been hard... Not going to lie!  But, not for the reasons most would say the day has been hard. I've barely been able to eat today, thanks to a stupid mistake I made yesterday.  I had gastric bypass surgery almost 9 years ago, before hubby, 2 kids & a lot of weight re-gain.  Well, since my surgery, there are still things I just can't eat, or I end up in pain, until it passes, or comes back up (sorry, TMI)....  My sugar snap peas are now on the no-go list.....  And, I tried, but eating was painful. 

Breakfast:  A very small handful of berries & half a bite of scotch egg.
Lunch:  Pumpkin soup with hemp seeds & a little avocado.  
Dinner:  1 whole baked egg-avocado & more of my pumpkin soup. 

Tomorrow will be better.


Day 13 - January 16, 2016

The change in my face alone is amazing!

My hubby remarked this morning, "holy cow, this is really working for you!"  And, I looked in the mirror & realized that it's true!  

Breakfast:  Paleo Fiesta Breakfast Bowl 
Lunch:  Turkey (Protein) salad over romaine.  This was supposed to be leftover salmon, but I dropped the entire dish & it shattered into a million pieces!  
Dinner:  Paleo Hawaiian Chicken, and green beans & beets.


Day 14 - January 17, 2016

TWO WEEKS CONQUERED!!!  

Breakfast:  Roasted Pumpkin, Turkey Sausage, & Egg, Onion, Spinach, Tomato Frittata, topped with avocado mayo! 
Lunch:  Rotisserie Chicken salad with avocado mayo, on romaine.  Dressed with Latin vinaigrette, and a few olives! 
Dinner:  Crockpot Ginger Beef, with cauliflower fried rice!

                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been an amazing journey so far!  Papa Bear & I have learned a LOT in the last 2 weeks!  We've seen, first hand, how a lack of planning could sink our ship.  We've been horrified trying to find a "compliant" tuna fish or deli meat.  We've laughed together as we've experienced strange body detox symptoms.  We've cheered the moments that our kids have come along on the journey, even a little!  Most of all, we've done our best to really enjoy & learn during this process!  

Thanks for checking in!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole30 Round 1 Before & After

New Beginnings ... In August ... 2017

When Life Rocks the Boat, and You end up Treading Water...