Whole30 - Week 5 / Reintroduction - Week 1

Day 29 - February 1, 2016


Round One, Day Twenty-Freaking-Nine!!!!!!  As excited as I am to say that - I could have caved a million times today, thrown in the towel & said, "nope, the stress is too much, I don't feel well, and I'm ready to be done."  But - I - didn't!  

My little man woke me up at 1 am with a fever - telling me, like his sister before him, he has the flu.  We went to the pediatrician this afternoon, and sister is on the mend, but brother is in chest deep.....  😢. This Mama Is exhausted & needs some serious sleep, and a cold is kicking in (I was checked too, and no flu!). Also, it was a complete snow day here, for us....  So cooped up kids & sickness all around me, I really had to kick myself in the bum to stay on target!  

Breakfast:  Roasted Pumpkin, Scrambled Eggs & Chimichurri.

Lunch: Tuna salad with tomatoes & celery.  

Dinner:  Salsa Verde Turkey Breast, cauliflower mash & green beans, with a dash of Frank's Hot Sauce!  

Day 30, February 2, 2016


Wow-oh-wow!  Round 1, Day 30!  NSV's and before & after photos tomorrow (separate blog post)!  My plan for "Life After Whole30" is to just keep on rolling, and do a nice, slow reintroduction, adding things as I feel it's worth the sacrifice!  

Breakfast:  roasted pumpkin, sausage & bell peppers, and scrambled eggs.

Lunch:  salsa verde turkey breast protein salad, with tomatoes & celery stalks.

Dinner:  coconut milk curry beef stew!  Oh my, YUMMY!

Day 31 - February 3, 2016

Day 1 of reintroduction/Life After Whole30.  I had my first "non-compliant" adaptation for breakfast, but really tried to stay compliant for all the rest!  

Breakfast:  Chia Pudding (non-compliant almond milk & vanilla extract), fruit, carrots, grape tomatoes, and a hard boiled egg!  

Lunch:  protein salad over tomatoes & romaine. 

Dinner:  coconut milk curry beef stew!  

Day 32 - February 4, 2016

Today was a little more "adventure", and I realize I definitely had too much "sugar" with breakfast!  I was at a MOPS meeting, so I didn't photograph!  

Breakfast:  chia pudding, sweet potato hash browns, 2 slices bacon, and some fruit salad, accompanied by about 12 ozs of a "compliant" fruit/coconut smoothie (the smoothie was made by my friend, as a "reward" for completing my Whole30!). Almost immediately, I felt a "sugar crash," so I know I needed more protein, for sure. 

Lunch:  protein salad over romaine with tomatoes. 

Dinner:  Whole30 Shepherd's Pie - not pretty to look at, but delicious!!!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole30 Round 1 Before & After

New Beginnings ... In August ... 2017

When Life Rocks the Boat, and You end up Treading Water...