Whole30 Round 1 Before & After

Papa & Mama Bear recently completed our first round of the Whole30 (www.whole30.com).  It has been a truly amazing experience!  We have learned & grown & lost!  But, there is truly NOTHING that compares to how we feel!!! 


Together, we have learned that we CAN do this!  We supported one another & thrived our way through the process!  

We are now aware of what is in our foods, what we are putting in our bodies! Who knew that there was added soy in tuna fish?!  Who knew that every cut of deli meat has sugar in it?  Who really thought about the extra sweeteners & preservatives in EVERYTHING??  I know that some people knew, but I didn't realize until going through this process!  

How we handled the Whole30 with our children:  We did not force Little Miss Muffet (4 1/2 years) & Little Jack Horner (2 1/2 years) to go through the process with us.  We kept peanut butter & jelly, bread, cheese, yogurt & milk in the house, and even candy/chocolate around.  Papa Bear & I were VIGILANT about keeping an eye on what they were eating!  We offered them what was on our plates, and allowed them to choose!  More often than not, they ate what we had for breakfast.  Lunch was their choice.  Dinner was hit & miss, but Little Jack Horner definitely chose to eat from our plates more than his own, most of the time!  

Now, for the grand reveal!!  We are going to get a little vulnerable here, and give you some real-world numbers!  I am learning to love my body, so I refuse to hide!  But, I'll be real & admit that it's hard for me!  But... Here goes!  




Day 1 - January 4, 2016
Mama Bear:
Starting Weight:  320.4 lbs
Upper Arm:  16"
Bust:  49"
Waist:  52"
Hips:  59"
Thigh:  28"
Calf:  20"

Day 31 - February 3, 2016
Finishing Weight:  298.5 lbs
Upper Arm:  15"
Bust:  47"
Waist:  51"
Hips:  58"
Thigh:  28.5"
Calf:  21"

Let's do the math: 
Weight Loss:  21.9 lbs
Inches Lost:  3.5 overall, though I think my leg measurements may have been off, so it's probably more!  

Non-Scale Victories:  
Mama Bear has plantar fasciitis, heel spurs & achilles tendinitis.  Prior to the Whole30, walking really was unbearable! Now, it's a whole lot less pain. 

The first change I noticed was my wedding ring literally spinning around my finger!  

My face thinned out really quickly too, and my eyes brightened too!  

I honestly felt like running & being active with my kids!  We did NOT add the exercise element into this round, as we wanted to see what would happen if we changed only the dietary portion.  

My jeans are falling off of me, and I'm pulling clothes from the back of my closet, that I haven't worn in 5 years, since I got pregnant with Little Miss Muffet!  

My energy has gone through the roof! 

The anxiety that I have lived with for years has actually lessened, and become more manageable!  

When a crisis of health arose for my kids, I didn't collapse!  

I know I'm also sleeping better & feeling much more "put-together" overall!  




Day 1 - January 4, 2016
Starting Weight:  297 lbs
Chest:  53"
Waist:  52.5"
Hips:  48"
Thigh:  26.25"
Calf:  19.5"

Day 32 - February 3, 2016
Finishing Weight:  269.6 lbs
Chest:  49"
Waist:  48.5"
Hips:  47"
Thigh:  26"
Calf:  19"

Time for the math:
Weight Loss:  27.4 lbs
Inches Lost:  13"

Non-Scale Victories:
Papa Bear was more caught off guard by his numbers, as his NSV's were not as apparent to him, during the journey!  

Wedding band is definitely looser on his finger.  

He is sleeping better - and has more desire TO sleep!  

The afternoon slump has disappeared! 

He had to take his belt in a notch!  

Less anger, more patience - better attitude!  

Less digestive issues, but he is lactose intolerant, so cutting the dairy definitely helped!  








Comments

  1. Amazing!! Just looked this up thinking about starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible. I'm so proud of you guys -this is just the beginning. I LOVE this post. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is so amazing! I am so proud of both of you for sticking with it. The first two weeks are the hardest, and you passed that! From here is easy :) let me know if you need a workout partner or someone to help you introduce the exercise portion into the next round! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a beautiful experience!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness that is so amazing! I am so proud of both of you for sticking with it. The first two weeks are the hardest, and you passed that! From here is easy :) let me know if you need a workout partner or someone to help you introduce the exercise portion into the next round! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings ... In August ... 2017

When Life Rocks the Boat, and You end up Treading Water...