We Aren't Stating Resolutions This Year!




Yes, I talk about 2016 being better than 2015, and with good reason, but we decided, as a family to NOT set resolutions.  Instead, we are just planning on life being better!

That being said, I am a planner, and a little bit OCD too, so it's a really different view, to not set resolutions!  

Anyway, let's just set that aside for now!  


New Years Eve was spent with a couple of extra kiddos in our home for a sleepover, while their parents got a much needed date night!  We bought our last Pizza for the next 35+ days (more on that later), and brownies - and played & had fun, until it was bedtime.  

New Years Day was sunny & fabulous, until that evening, when I started to feel a pain in my chest... It was that kind of pain that only hurts when you breathe, and then when you do breathe, you don't want to.  I noticed a tightness in my next & pain down the back of my left arm, and a little tingling in my fingers.  I started to Google heart attack symptoms, and texting my mom (who is a nurse), to find out what I should do.  I took 3 Excedrine Migraine through the course of the evening, so I suspected I had overdone it on the caffeine, and we decided that I should go to bed & see if the pain lingered in the morning.  

Well, at 3:00 am, I woke up & couldn't go back to sleep!  So much was on my mind, I started to write, but as I was writing I noticed the pain was getting worse, and I started trembling uncontrollably.  I finished what I was writing, and tried to sleep again, but it didn't happen.  When hubby went to leave for work at 7:00 am, I was still wide awake.  It wasn't much after that, my kids were also awake & needing their Momma!  

I did what I could for a couple of hours, but the pain didn't stop.  I ended up calling my mom & hubby.  Mom, Dad & my sister came to watch the kids & Hubby came home from work, to take me to the Emergency Room.  


Long story short:  it was determined that anxiety had gotten the best of me.  Not exactly the way I wanted to start my year!    I was given some medication, and sent home with the adminition to contact my doctor for follow up, instructions to take it slower - to lessen my stressors, and a prescription for future emergencies!  I was told that I pretty much slept the day away, while my kids went to stay with my Mom & Dad!  

The next day, hubby & I had grocery shopping to do & chores to complete before going to pick up our kids!  We had dinner at my parents house, and watched a movie together, before coming home to prepare for our "back to routine" week!  

Monday morning saw the start of the Whole30 program for Hubby & I, back to preschool for Little Miss Muffet, and library play for Little Jack Horner.  The afternoon brought Little Miss Muffet's return to dance class (after about 4 months off).  She had a lot of fun, even though she was nervous about being in the "big kids'" class!  


Momma Bear had a voice lesson to teach, after dance class, then we all were home together for the evening!  

Wednesday was a miserable snow day.  Little Miss Muffet's school was closed, and the kids were really wishing they could get out in the snow, but there wasn't enough where we live to enjoy!  Thankfully, we have a dear friend who didn't want to see us sad, and had us over to her house for a while, where the kids didn't even venture outside into the snow!  Ha!  

That takes us to today.  Again, our plans were derailed by a snow day, so we just stayed home.  To pass the time, I picked up my crochet hooks & started a couple of projects:  a baby blanket for a friend, and a pair of mittens for my daughter's friend!  




That's really been the extent of our week!  Thanks for tuning in!  I'll see you next week!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole30 Round 1 Before & After

New Beginnings ... In August ... 2017

When Life Rocks the Boat, and You end up Treading Water...