A Call No Mother Ever Wants to Get...

"Hello, Friend!"  I say as I answer the phone.  
"Hello, Mama Bear, I'm sorry to say it but I've been in a car accident.  Little Miss Muffet & my son are OK, but I can't drive the car..." 

You see, they were in a carpool home from Preschool the next town over.  They had taken a break, gone to have a picnic lunch & play at the Lake - since it was free parking day at the National Parks!  They were going to visit a fire station, as my friend's son ADORES the firefighters, and we have some great fire houses in our town!  Awareness of our community helpers has been extremely high, since we lost 19 firefighters in the Yarnell Hill Fire of 2013.  

My friend was turning right, at a 4-way stop & a car blew through the stop sign & hit her, on the driver's side tire! My friend did the right thing, pulled over, got insurance information & drove on (the fire station is a scant 50 yards from the site of the accident).  

Her next call was to me, not to alarm me, but to make me aware that it could take time to get Little Miss Muffet home.  I assured her that I would find a way to get to her!  Little Jack Horner was napping & Papa Beat had the car, so I immediately called a friend, one who has a 12-person van, and was supposed to be headed to my house for her daughter's voice lessons in 30-minutes anyway....

This friend said she needed to load up 4 of her kids, and she'd be straight over.  In the meantime, I called Papa Bear to tell him that I may need to get the car somehow, and why.  Turns out, he was across the highway from the fire station.  He would meet me there!  

I woke Little Jack Horner, just as my friend pulled into our yard.  We threw his car seat in the car, and off we went.  Thankful that this friend also has extra car seats when in need!  

We arrived at the fire station, as the police were finishing their report!  We pulled in, followed mere moments by Papa Bear. 

My friend looked worried, really worried!  I didn't know this was her very first car accident, but it was!  


I'm grateful to say that everyone has been ok.  A little hitch in our carpool giddy-up, but it has been managed!  My friend's car is still in the shop, but she has a rental now & we keep praying she'll get her car back soon! 

Little Miss Muffet actually handled it really well!  She's been in an accident (with me) before & it was terrifying!  I expected shed struggle, but she didn't!  Thank Heaven for that!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whole30 Round 1 Before & After

New Beginnings ... In August ... 2017

When Life Rocks the Boat, and You end up Treading Water...